Fact: Fashion stylists make the best gift-givers. It’s their job to know what’s currently cool (and what will become cool in the next six months). They innately knows what flatters. And with a roster of A-list clients, all of whom embody different traits and, as such, a range of personal styles, they’re trained to pull items tailored to fit each individual.
So when it comes to gifts, well, that’s when their sartorial know-how really comes into play, as evidenced by these star stylists. We asked three of Hollywood’s most powerful to reveal their personal gift guides for the closest people in their lives. Find out what they’re giving this season, and if you can identify with any one of them, then consider any and all of your gifting quandaries, solved.
RELATED: Editor’s Picks: Holiday Gifts for $50 or Less
Emily Current and Meritt Elliott
How you know Emily Current and Meritt Elliott: The original founders of denim brand Current/Elliott, the current designers behind The Great, and their clients include Jessica Alba and Lauren Graham.
1. For our neighbor: “An essential oil diffuser helps with a clear mind and a lovely smelling home or work space.” Shop it: GreenAir oil diffuser, $45; amazon.com
2. For dad: “This snap-on phone charger will save the day on long outings or day trips.” Shop it: Apple battery case, $99; apple.com
3. For mom: “This quick read helps inspire a decluttering of your life and reminds us to cherish meaningful possessions.” Shop it: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, $11; amazon.com
4. For sister: “Stripes. Silk. Jammies—three of our favorite things, all in one!” Shop it: Olivia Von Halle pajamas, $525; net-a-porter.com
5. For co-worker: “We love Janessa Leone hats! This navy color feels special and stylishly whispers, ‘Vacation!'” Shop it: Janessa Leone hat, $285; barneys.com
6. For the best friend: “This soft and faded scenic logo sweatshirt from The Great is both stylish and cozy.” Shop it: The Great sweatshirt, $85; thisisthegreat.com
Jeff K. Kim
How you know Jeff K. Kim: He styles Ashley Graham, Taylor Hill, Joan Smalls, Charlotte Le Bon, Hannah Jeter, and Michael B. Jordan.
1. For myself: “I found this amazing backpack called WizPak that has a subwoofer that connects to your phone of computer through Bluetooth. The sound quality is amazing and is such a cool design. Who wouldn’t want amazing quality music and the utility of a backpack at your fingertips?” Shop it: WizPak backpack, $599; wizpaks.com
2. For my brother: “My brother doesn’t have a nice watch in wardrobe, so I would invest in this amazing new Piaget Polo S that just released this summer. It’s perfect for him because this will last a lifetime and it’s something he can turn into an heirloom and pass on from generation to generation.” Shop it: Piaget watch, $9,350; piaget.com
3. For mom: “My family lives in Chicago—so needless to say—it’s freezing! Being a stylist, I want to make sure that the HBIC of my family looks and stays stylish. My mom also loves that classic heritage style of Burberry, so this coat is perfect for both fashion and function.” Shop it: Burberry coat, $6,060; farfetch.com
4. For my BFF Hannah: “My BFF LOVES handbags—so this website and app called “Spring” has everything under the sun! This Saint Laurent cross-body bag is perfect for her because she can use it every day.” Shop it: Saint Laurent purse, $1,890; shopspring.com
5. For dad: “Just like my mom—I want to make sure that my dad also stays incredibly warm, but my dad is more about function and utility than being overly stylish. This North Face down puffer is perfect because not only does it look great, he will be incredibly warm for multiple occasions.” Shop it: North Face puffer, $220; thenorthface.com
6. For my team—Stephanie and Trish: “My team works so hard and they deserve the world. I think that these Dana Rebecca earrings would be perfect for them because they would be able to wear them every day. And what girl doesn’t like diamonds!” Shop it: Dana Rebecca Design earrings, $715; danarebeccadesigns.com
How you know Anita Patrickson: She styles Olivia Culpo, Julianne Hough, Camilla Alves, and Chanel Iman.
1. For mum: “‘Tis the season of holiday parties, all things sparkly—and statement earrings! Rebecca’s bonbons are the earrings to own this season! They made every outfit look fabulous and festive from jeans and a tee to a simple black dress!” Shop it: Rebecca de Ravenel earrings, $425; rebeccaderavenel.com
2. For co-worker: “Avoid throwing away money on more ‘things’ that no one really wants just for the sake of buying people gifts. It’s overwhelming and wasteful. The David Sheldrick Foster Program is the perfect gift for a co-worker that makes everyone feel good and equally does something fantastic for a cause that’s making a difference every day.” Shop it: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Fostering Program, $50; sheldrickwildlifetrust.org
3. For best friend: “Nothing says, ‘I love you’ quite like 50 minutes of pampering. Help your bestie start the year right. More and more we are hearing about the benefits of regular facials and finally we’ve found a spot that’s not going to break the bank! At Heyday, all the products are skin friendly AND they actually care about your skin in an unfussy and happy, relaxed atmosphere. If your bestie is anything like me, he/she will be hooked and opt for a membership after one visit!” Shop it: Heyday facials, $119 for a 50-minute facial; thinkheyday.com
4. For my significant other: “In a world where traveling can be decidedly UN-glamorous, add a little elegance to your trip with these amazing ‘old-world’ suitcases. With a color way to suit everyone, this is a gift that’ll keep on giving for many years to come! Plus, its a great way to get your other half to book you both a fabulous holiday!” Shop it: Streamline Luggage carry-on, $775; theline.com